Building Confidence and Presence
via Public Speaking
3-Day Workshop - January 2nd - 4th, 2018
Public speaking is an incredibly valuable skill we can develop in our children, but honestly it's more than that. Being able to stand up and speak up is an incredible confidence builder. And, our teens today need all the opportunities they can get to develop confidence and a strong presence. Not only will it serve them well in the classroom, it will serve them well in college and beyond. It's truly a skill that will last a lifetime.
Over three 2-hour sessions, we're teaching a workshop designed to help teens find their confident and strong presence through learning the facets of public speaking. From 10 am to noon, on these 3 consecutive days, teens will learn through video examples, discussion, workbooks and interactive role playing. Teens aged 13-18 are welcome.
What Will Your Teen Learn?
- Ways to create confidence in their body and voice
- Understand what typically holds teens back from speaking with clarity and presence
- Get real time practice standing up and finding their voice
- Get past fears that could be keeping them from shining in conversations and presentations
- The facets of good public speaking and how to put them to use in the classroom, in conversation and beyond
Who Is This Workshop Good For?
- Any teen that wants to improve their presentation and speaking skills
- Any teen that has fear of public speaking
- Any teen that has had overwhelm in the past when speaking up
- Any teen that wants to build better confidence
- Any parent who wants their teen to participate in a productive activity over the holiday break
What is the investment for this workshop?
- $129 for the 3-day session
Where is is held?
- Workshop will be conducted at the Ladera Ranch home of Cecilia Gorman (address given upon registration)
- Snacks and water will be provided
- Class size is limited to 9 teens
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Cecilia Gorman is a 7-year Ladera Ranch resident and a certified John C. Maxwell speaker, trainer and coach. She is a licensed facilitator of the Maxwell Speaking Club and has taught on leadership, confidence and career skills for over 20 years. Her company, Creative + Talent + Partners, offers training & development to creatively-minded companies.