Building Confidence and Presence in Teens
Public speaking is an incredibly valuable skill we can develop in our children, but honestly it's more than that. Being able to stand up and speak up is an incredible confidence builder. And, our teens today need all the opportunities they can get to develop personal power and a strong presence. Not only will it serve them well in the classroom, it will serve them well in college and beyond.
Confidence is truly a skill that will last a lifetime.
Over the course of 5 weeks through email and text, we send lessons designed to help teens find their confident and strong presence through learning the facets of public speaking. The course is taught by a licensed and certified professional speaker and is delivered through video lessons, worksheets and weekly actions steps. Teens aged 13-18 are welcome, as is anyone looking to bolster their confidence and presence when speaking.
What Will Your Teen Learn?
- Ways to create confidence in their body and voice
- Understand what typically holds them back from speaking with clarity and presence
- Get past fears that could be keeping them from shining in conversations and presentations
- The facets of good public speaking and how to put them to use in school, in interviews, and on the job
Who Is This Workshop Good For?
- Any teen that has fear of public speaking
- Any teen that wants to improve their presentation and speaking skills
- Any teen that wants to build better confidence in 1-on-1 situations, in the classroom and beyond
- Any person who wants to expand their confidence and ability to stand up in front of others
What Is The Investment In This Course?
- $99 for the 5-part series
(SJHHS families receive a 15% discount through 12/31/18)
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Cecilia Gorman is an 8-year Ladera Ranch resident and a certified John C. Maxwell speaker, trainer and coach. She is a licensed facilitator of the Maxwell Speaking Club and has taught leadership, confidence and career skills for over 20 years. Her company, Creative Talent Partners, offers training & development to creatively-minded companies.